Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meathook Manicure

I did, in fact, go on a 2 1/4-mile run, Friday night. Of course the first mile or so was rough, since I hadn't done it in so long. But at the midpoint, it hit me: "I've been waiting for this for so long." My run could have lasted longer, but I did not want any possibility of a tendinitis flareup to occur.

Well, I guess I'm a chump. It's currently 42 degrees outside--cold and rainy. Rather than gain inspiration from the runners I still see out there, I'm just sitting here...feeling lumpy. I decided not to run the 5K on Saturday, mainly so that I don't complicate the time spent while Emilie is in town.

Oh, and she told me today that she'll be going out for a run tomorrow...in upstate New York. You and I know what that means: I need to get out there and try for three miles.

And as I promised, and as no one cares... :-)


Perhaps it will end up being the "before" photo of a "before"/"after" diptych.

2 comments:

Ian said...

After picture after picture.

Christian said...

There is no after picture yet. I'm still an out-of-shape fatass who is still trying to figure out the best motivation for the long haul. ;-)

I'm tired of excuses.