The following is a flier produced by the Hamilton County Solid Waste Management District. This is part of an effort to consolidate information about recycling, composting, reuse, and waste reduction in Cincinnati.
Multi-Family Recycling Assistance Program
The Hamilton County Solid Waste Management District can help apartment owners and condominium associations provide their residents with recycling! Through the Multi-Family Recycling Assistance Program, the District will work with you and your waste hauler to coordinate the easiest and most efficient method of recycling for your property. The District will then pay for the first year of your recycling contract if you agree to pay for the following two years.
With the Multi-Family Recycling Assistance Program, you will receive:
- Consultation meeting and a customized recycling plan
- Coordination of recycling services with your waste haulter
- First year of recycling contract paid
- Education about recycling for residents
Recycling could save you money! Property managers can often reduce their total solid waste management costs if residents recycle enough material to reduce their trash container size or collection frequency. This is because many haulers collect recycling at a lower cost than collection and disposal of an equal volume of trash.
Why recycle? Recycling saves energy, conserves natural resources, and creates new products.
- Recycling one aluminum can save six ounces of gasoline!
- Recycling one aluminum can saves six ounces of gasoline!
- Recycling five plastic bottles can make one sq. ft. of carpet!
For more information or to determine if your property is eligible, please contact Michelle Balz at 513-946-7789 or email@example.com.